Thursday, September 12, 2013

I'm Working on It

So yesterday, I went to DHL and asked how much is the fee for authentication (red ribbon) of my birth certificate and CENOMAR. It's only 650php for both documents. I expected like 500 each. So this is better compared to travel agencies (where I've read in some posts they paid 1,900 per document, imagine that!) I think my fiancee's birth certificate doesn't need to be authenticated and besides I cannot process it myself anyway.

Then I went to the National Government Center and requested for a local birth certificate 'coz it's needed for the red ribbon. I paid 50 pesos.

I then went to SM and requested for NSO birth certificate and cenomar. For both documents, its 375 pesos. It will be released on the 21st.

And good thing I found the list of translators from the German Embassy website. I emailed like 7 of them and so far received 3 replies. One was 700/document, the other was 750/document and the other one was 600/document (650 for the barangay certificate). So I only replied to the less expensive one and I told her I will let her know if the documents are already on hand.

What's left to do:

1. Get birth certificate of my fiancee. (request should be made by his parent)

2. Get barangay clearance.

3. After getting all requirements by the 21st, scan and email to translator. and pay the fees.

4. Then have cenomar and birth authenticated through DHL.

5. Get certified copy of passport.

6. Prepare 3 pcs passport sized photos

7. Make and print sketch

That's it!!! Still so much to do but I'm positive I'm going to finish everything in a month, probably less. :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you for your detailed posts! I'm also processing my fiancee visa and just want to ask, do you know if there's any German language school in Cebu? Have you already completed level a1 language course?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! Yes, in fact I've studied in Cebu myself. It's Sprach Institut-Cebu located in F. Ramos St. Here's their website: http://sprachinstitut-cebu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I process certified true copy of passport? I'm confused someone told me to go to local city hall and have xerox copies stamped?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi anonymous..

    It should be in DFA wherever you got your passport. The fee is 100 pesos. :)

    ReplyDelete