Saturday, January 18, 2014

Translation of Documents

It's a long time since I've last written here. Almost 4 months!!! Well I've been busy and I waited for his birth certificate for months that's why I cannot proceed with the translation. Anyway, I've completed all of the requirements except for the sketch which I will print tomorrow. I'll just discuss the translation process for now. Here are the documents that need to be translated:
1. My Birth certificate
2. My fiancee's birth certificate (because he's Filipino and born in the Philippines)
3. Cenomar
4. Barangay certificate

I had my documents translated just via email. I scanned all my documents and sent it to the certified translator (should be recognized by the German Embassy). I deposited 50% of the total amount then they started working on the translation. It took about a week when they sent me the final draft. There were like 7 mistakes so I sent them the list of corrections and they sent me the revised draft the next day. I paid the remaining amount and they sent the documents through LBC. I thought everything is okay since I've paid for the full amount and then I received a call from one of their staffs that the quotation they sent me was incorrect. The birth certificate was 2 pages each so the charge supposedly is "per page". I really didn't know that it's per page since I thought all along that the charge was per document. They've already sent the documents when they informed me so I guess I don't have a choice but to pay the remaining amount. What an inconvenience! If I've known earlier, I should have chosen the much cheaper one. :(

So here's the rates:
1. Birth certificate (2 pages) - 1,200
2. His birth certificate (2 pages) - 1,200
3. CENOMAR - 600
4. Barangay certificate - 600
   Shipping fee : 300
All in all, it's 3,900.

I'll be sending the documents on Monday. Here's the rates (post office):
*Regular (3 weeks-1 month) - 420
*Express (1-2 weeks) - 1,270
---upto 250 grams---


No comments:

Post a Comment